Speaking about modifications to a project as good as the falco could seem really a bad idea and concept.In fact this is no modification over the ing. Frati conception, but this is his own development over the Falco versions that were produced.All the modifications we've done to the Sequoia projects were suggested and specificated by Ing. Frati and Ing. Valtorta.

We found ot that in Trento an A&P mechanic had a set of original metal control surfaces.We went to see them and we found that these parts were in a very good condition, but most of all had flushed rivets and different measures; flaps were larger and both flaps and ailerons ribs were longer, giving a major area to the wing control surfaces. The original series 4 falcos had metal surfaces, but didn't have flushed rivets and the dimentions were equal to the wood version. The fact was really strange, because we had never heard about such a modification, but we were sure that they belonged to the falco since were marked LAVERDA and you could see that they had flown.

The confirm came from Ing. Frati, that in first moment didn't remember anything about them (big pain for us), but he found old notes (written with pencil ) about the fact that larger flaps and flush rivets worked fine when tested by Laverda and gave good improvement in take-off and landing distance.He then suggested us to use them.

Wow, it's really an interesting situation, even if the larger assembly required many modifications in the wing.It makes everything more interesting!





Here's the proof! the mark LAV.(laverda) 1963 and the check sigs in the flap's first rib.Every pieces we have from production is marked in this way.





As you see from this picture the flap it's 1 rib-distance larger.Usually the hinge seen on the right is used to hold both the flap and aileron.However the aileron is longer on the end side (near the tip) and wider.Finding right positioning has been quite difficult and a patient work.The aileron is white since it's already primed.